The Lake District is well-known as a premier walking destination, offering an incredible range of walks of all standards from the lofty fell tops to the deep glaciated valleys. Since Victorian times visitors have flocked to see the sublime combination of fells, lakes, waterfalls and forests. The region's stunning views and ever-changing light have made it a favourite with artists, poets and writers for generations.
Our walk leaders use their extensive local knowledge to incorporate the best viewpoints, some off the beaten track sections and a range of points of interest.
Lake District Holiday Highlights
- Explore Britain's most beautiful National Park
- See peregrines, osprey and other mountain birds
- Discover our rich history and culture from the Viking settlers to the romantic poets, mining and farming
- Excellent accommodation in Langdale and Haweswater
- See dramatic lakes and tarns, waterfalls and becks
- Walk England's highest summit - Scafell Pike
- Let our guides take you off the beaten track
- Explore the iconic, rocky summits of the Langdle Pikes
- Visit remote Martindale & see the wild red deer
- Enjoy some of the Lake District's classic old pubs
- Discover why the Lakes has been a favourite with artists for centuries
- Learn about digital photography with local author Bill Birkett and pro Photographer Dave Willis