PHOTOGRAPHY WALKING HOLIDAYS
OVERVIEW: The Lake District is a something of a mecca for photographers, justly renowned for it's ever changing light and subtle shifts in mood. With lakes and forests, mountains and meadows, climbers and sailors, red squirrels and red deer, it's an outdoor photographers paradise.
Modern digital cameras often provide good results for novice photographers, but with an understanding of how to use their more advanced features, you can turn good photos into spectacular ones.
Alongside learning more about your camera, you can also take advantage of more general photographic instruction from legendary outdoor photographers Dave Willis and Bill Birkett. Dave is a lecturer in photography at Kendal College, and has a wide range of commercial outdoor experience with many outdoor magazine front covers to his name. Bill Birkett is a prolific and well-known guide book writer from Langdale. Further instruction and walk guiding is from John White, who will also take you stalking deer. Each day will feature a short introductory session indoors, followed by a variety of outdoor walks and personalised instruction.
Maximum ratio is 1:4. Maximum overall group size 8
DATES 2017: March 26-29 (H); April 31- May 3 (L); June 25-28 (H); September 24-27 (L); October 22-25 (H)
PRICE: £395pp includes 3 nights at either the Langdale/Haweswater Hotel onB&B basis, instruction, guiding, lectures, local transport, transfers from Penrith or Windermere station as required.
ACCOMMODATION: The Langdale Hotel & The Haweswater Hotel (see dates - H = Haweswater, L = Langdale)
Holiday Highlights Include:
- Enjoyable easy walks to forests, waterfalls, mountain viewpoints and a range of other fantastic sites for photography
- Opportunities to photograph red squirrels, red deer and other wildlife
- Learn how to use the standard and advanced features of digital cameras
- Long exposure photography for night scenes
- Understanding aperture and shutter speed,
- Focusing - auto and manual, throwing backgrounds out of focus
- Shutter speeds - how to photograph water scenes and action shots
- Using filters and special effects
- Understanding ISO
- Composition and angles
- Photo competition for participants
- Advice and information on all aspects of camera choice and photography
- Evening meal and talk with Dave Willis/Bill Birkett