Hire a professional walking guide
All the Cloud 9 Walking Guides are experienced professionals who are qualified to the Mountain Leader Award standard or above. Couple this with advanced first aid training and combined experience of leading thousands of groups in hundreds of regions, and you can be assured of high levels of proficiency.
Our walking guides also offer much more than a safe walk - they know about wildlife and geology, history and culture, and can help make your walk a more enjoyable experience.
Some people wonder why you might need to hire a walking guide in the first place - here are a few reasons:
- Choose the best route - our walking guides are adept at choosing the best route for your group
- One less thing to worry about is the navigation - leave it to the walking guide to do all the route finding
- Managing the group - setting the right pace, keeping together when required and allowing a bit of freedom at the right moment - is a real skill and a walking guide can do this very effectively
- Enjoy learning about the area as you walk - our guides have a fantastic range of specialist knowledge and they know when to share it with you and when to keep quiet!
- Get back safely - our walking guides have a 100% record in this respect and we don't intend to change it!
So, whether you want a walking guide for the Three Peaks, a Lakeland fell walk, a Highland mountain, a countryside stroll or an Alpine trek - we're sure to have someone who can help.
PRIVATE GUIDING: You can also hire a walking guide as an instructor for topics such as Navigation Skills, Winter Skills and so on - we do a lot of work coaching and training individuals, couples and small groups - particularly with Navigation training.
Hire a Porter
You don't have to be in Nepal to hire a porter - we've our own team of strong porters who will accompany your group and carry all the heavy gear, or act as porters for film and photography missions. Want a picnic setting up half way round your walk? - our porters will oblige....