WALKING ON CLOUD 9!
CLOUD 9 WALKING HOLIDAYS is run by former Lake District National Park Ranger and Mountain Guide, John White. John and his colleagues provide the very highest standards in walking and Via Ferrata holidays - a friendly and professional service backed up by a fantastic team of leaders, local and wildlife experts, superb locations and quality accommodation.
IT'S A TEAM EFFORT! The holidays we offer are only as good as the fantastic team of people who work with us make them. Everyone from the hugely experienced walking and Via Ferrata guides to the wonderful cooks, gillies, boatmen, naturalists and bus drivers is a vital member of our holiday team, and I'll shortly be adding some more details about them.
ABOUT JOHN WHITE
John has guided thousands of people on walking and mountaineering holidays over the years, and has provided walks, activities and events for major organisations such as the Olympic Delivery Authority, Homes and Communities Agency, Loughborough University, Brasher and Berghaus.
A former Lake District National Park Ranger and mountain guide, John has also been an active mountaineer for over 30 years. He has written several books including The Indoor Climbing Manual, Rescue! - True Stories from Lake District Mountain Rescue, Walking in the Stubai Alps, and has co-authored Rock Climbing in the North of England, Langdale Rock Climbing and contributed to Classic Walks of Great Britain and a range of AA books on France. He has also written many features for the popular outdoor magazines. He's an experienced climber, with over 100 first ascents to his name.
A keen naturalist, John is particularly interested in mountain and coastal wildlife, and he played a prominent role in the protection and re-establishment of peregrines in Cumbria in the 1980s. John really enjoys sharing his knowledge of and passion for mountains, wildlife and the countryside in general.
THE CLOUD 9 DIFFERENCE!
- Unique walking holidays - you won't find anyone else offering the same locations, content and quality
- Extensive choice of quality accommodation and excellent food, prepared using local ingredients
- Wildlife, culture and history experts help you get more out of your walks
- Sustainable approach using local produce and employing local people where possible
- The very best professional walking guides and individually designed walks programme
- Sociable holidays with wonderful hospitality
- Excellent value, all-inclusive prices with transfers from nearest airport or station
- Classic Via Ferrata holidays and new locations
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable local, and Cloud 9 guides
- Opportunities to learn techniques and skills
- All inclusive rates - book your flight and leave the rest to us
- Spring, summer and autumn
If you have any questions about any aspect of our walking or Via Ferrata holidays, please feel free to get in touch via the Contact Us page.